Monday, November 2, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The Christmas season has officially arrived. When I was a kid, it began on Thanksgiving Day, the moment you saw Santa riding by on the last float at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. But that was the 20th century.

Now the holiday clock begins ticking, at least for me, when Starbucks starts serving Egg Nog latte's. Can there be a finer holiday drink than Egg Nog? I know not one. Before the egg nog latte, I had to wait much longer to indulge in this delightful beverage. Weeks, sometimes all the way till Christmas Day.

It's not like I could just stop by a convenience store and pick up a quart. How would that look? But now I'm just a respectable Starbucks customer, stopping by for a hot coffee drink. No one gives me a second look.

Now, some of you know I live in Florida. It can actually be warm enough for shorts and flip flops most days, even in November. But see, that's not really a problem for me. Just around the corner McD's will bring out their own holiday offering...the egg nog shake.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment