Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Greater Place to Be

I decided it was time to draw attention to what really matters most to me. It's not my writing. It's not even my family or my wonderful church friends. It's taking time every morning to pull away and draw near to the Friend who sticks closer than a brother.


I had such a time this morning, and I was reminded of the supreme value of such time, how I wouldn't trade it for the world. A little while ago, I wrote something that captures what I'm trying to say. Perhaps it will inspire those of you who know what I mean, to draw near again.


No Greater Place to Be (A Prayer)


I have no greater place to be, no greater thing to do,
than to sit at Your feet and gaze at your beauty,
and listen to Your Word.

In Your presence is fullness of joy.

Your Word speaks peace to me.

With You my soul finds rest.

Fears are stilled; sorrows cease.

Lord, there is no one like You,
no other thing that can affect me this way.

Only You.

Only being with You, spending time alone with You.

When I am with You this way, in silence and stillness,

Time seems to stand still.

The clock within me slows to Your pace.

And it is a lovely pace.

My heart is refreshed, my mind is renewed.

I find I don’t ever want to leave this place, sitting here,

Alone with You.

It humbles me to know

While I draw near at no cost to me,

My place here came at a great cost to You.

I am here at the foot of the Cross.

Where You gave Your life for mine.

What manner of love is this, that you would die for me?

And now, call me Your own.

And offer me new mercies every morning.

And invite me to come, this close, every day.

Without fear, fully loved.

Until the day I see you face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment