We had the best time at the ACFW Conference. Learned a lot. Got to meet and chat with a number of people I've been emailing for the last year or so.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Had my first book signing (pic to the left). I was a little nervous at first, but things went smoothly. Actually got to sign quite a few.
- Got to meet my agent, Karen Solem, for the first time. We've been emailing and phone calling for 2 years. She had just finished reading my 3rd novel, The Deepest Waters, and loved it. She can't wait to send it to the publisher.
- Got to meet and chat with 2 author friends I've gotten to know this past year, Colleen Coble and Deborah Raney (click on their names to see their websites).
- Cindi and I spent Friday evening touring downtown Denver with Julie Lessman, her husband and a number of other authors and spouses. Julie is another Revell author. Her novel won "Debut Novel of the Year" at the conference.
- Went by the conference bookstore just as the conference ended. Only 1 copy of my book left. Several people at the conference came up to me and said they'd already started reading it there. One very kind lady told me she couldn't stop reading it and had already finished it before the conference was over.