Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Great News on Two Fronts

Yesterday, I became a grandpa.

Our daughter, Rebekah, gave birth to our first grandchild: Caden Alexander Mosier (sounds like it could be the name of a great author). He was born just a little after the noon hour, EST, weighing in at 8 lbs even, and 20 inches long. She had to give birth by C-section, so no conehead here. Caden's got a perfectly little, hairless round head.

My wife, Cindi, was there in TX where they live (Ft Worth area). I'm not scheduled to go out till Tuesday, because of the Word Weaver's retreat I'll be speaking at this weekend. Of course, Caden wasn't due until Feb 9th, so it seemed like a good idea when we hatched the plan. But seeing as he came out weighing 8 lbs, I guess he was ready now. We're so grateful to God, both mother and son are healthy and well.

On top of my great news yesterday about our grandson, I got a call from my publicist at Revell, Karen Wiley. Publisher's Weekly (PW) wants to set up a call for an interview in their magazine about The Deepest Waters, my next release, coming out in April. PW is to Publishing what the Wall Street Journal is to Finance. It's been running continuously for 138 years, read by almost everyone in the publishing industry.

It's a great opportunity and hopefully will help the book reach a whole new block of readers.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all fronts...but especially with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annette, Sorry for not responding sooner. Was at a Writer's Retreat.

    Can't wait to see the little guy. Will get to this week...finally.

    ReplyDelete