Thursday, December 16, 2010

Speaking at Word Weavers Retreat

I've been invited to be the keynote speaker next month at Word Weaver's 8th Annual writer's retreat. It's Friday through Sunday, Jan 28th -30th at The Enrichment Center in Fruitland Park, FL (near Leesburg). The keynote message will be Saturday evening, but I've also been asked to do a workshop that afternoon. Fellow Revell author Eva Marie Everson will also be speaking.

This will actually be a first for me.

Not speaking in public. As a pastor I've done that for 25 years. This will be the first time I'll be speaking about writing or to an audience of writers. I'm looking forward to it, and trusting God that my hosts will be glad they invited me in when it's over.

Word Weavers describe themselves as a "Christian Writers critique group" who "welcome writers of all levels and ability." The first chapter formed in 1997. They now have 7 chapters, mostly in Florida, in cities like: Orlando, Gainesville, St. Augustine and Tampa. But they also have one chapter all the way up in Rochester, New York.

If you'd like to find out more about this retreat or about Word Weavers, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment